- Augustus: so your name is four
- Tobias: yeah
- Augustus: you could say it's a metafour
- Tobias: will you stop
Some books you might like are:
- Just Listen by Sarah Dessen (tw: mentions anorexia)
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen
- The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti (tw: deals with anxiety)
- Everyday b David Levithan (tw: mentions suicide [if i remember right])
- Sweetheart by Sara Zarr
- Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers (tw: mentions suicide)
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- The Hate List by Jennifer Brown (tw: deals with a school shooting)
- Hold Still by Nina LaCour (tw: deals with suicide)
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti
I hope this helps!
Also, I think it’s really awesome that you’re from Austria!
Sure! Here are some of my favorites:
Losing It by Cora Carmack
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie
I haven’t read Anna and the French Kiss but you may like that one as well.
- 1: Really? You're going to fall for that?
- 2: COME ON!! IT'S NOT THAT HARD TO PICK A PERSON--ONE OF THEM IS CLEARLY EVIL!
- 3: How are you so calm right now? Why am I the only one that has an issue with how people are treating you? You're. So. Calm.
- 4: Oh yeah, your mortal enemy is totally going to keep his/her word (shakes head, while whispering, "Noooooooo.")
- 5: Of course that person likes you, are you completely blind?
- 6: I bet you're regretting that choice you made, huh?
- 7: You know you're in trouble when your creator (the author) has given voice to another character as well as you. (Hey, Allegiant, this one's for you!)
- 8: No, no, character, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I swear.
- 9: WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?! Great, now you're making me cry. Thanks.
- 10: See, you should have just said "I love you" when you had the chance, now you've given the author the chance to screw up your life and write a sequel.
- What would you say to the characters from the books you've read?
But if it’s a thank you for followers who are following me, and your not actually following the blog then why should I be thanking you and giving you something for free? People are going to see the giveaway and reblog it regardless if they’re following me or not but I prefer to give it someone who actually follows the blog and reads my reviews etc. then give it to someone who just reblogged it for the sake of reblogging it. That’s how I see it anyway.
I have a love affair with hardcovers. They’re elegant and sleek and sometimes when you take off the sleeve there’s a surprise on the cover. But then other times I really love paperbacks because they’re so casual and cool like they won’t take it personal if you fold over a corner. And then there’s ebooks which are like epitome of convenience and I can hold a library in the palm of my hand. I just really love books
(to specify: the anon with the john green and wintergirls book rec question)
Got it! Thanks for the suggestion!
Books & Cupcakes Thank You Book Giveaway!
Hello everyone!! ::waves:: I am thrilled to be hosting this giveaway!! I can’t believe Books & Cupcakes has reached over 10,000 followers! You are all amazing and fantastic! This giveaway is just my small way to say thank you to everyone who follows me, reads my reviews, partakes in the book photo challenge, and sends me lovely messages. I wanted to do something nice for you all as a thank you for your love and support! Thank you all so much!! xoxo Jessica
- This book giveaway will be open WORLDWIDE thanks to the book depository!
- The winner will be able to choose one of the above books.
- Since this is a thank you to my followers, you must be following this blog. I do check!
- You can enter by reblogging and liking this post. There is not a limit to how many times you can reblog this but please be courteous of those who follow you.
- The giveaway ends May 30th. I will chose the winner at 12 noon Eastern Time (United States and Canada). The winner will have 24 hours to respond before I pick a new winner.
- As a winner you need to be comfortable with giving me your address so I can ship the book to you. I pinky promise not to stalk you!
Good luck, fingers crossed that you win and may the odds be ever in your favor!